[mythtv-users] Store Recording Previews in a seperate location

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Nov 20 02:39:21 UTC 2010

On 11/19/2010 21:32, E. Westbrook wrote:
> If any work is being done on recording file naming conventions, I
> would like to pipe in.  Please use truly unique filenames, either with
> an ID in them or using UTC, to make them impervious to time/channel
> filename collisions and other potential issues that exist today.

The current file naming IS truly unique.  The naming convention is
CHID_YYYYMMDDHHMMxx.ext.  That 'xx' is not seconds, but rather a unique
integer which is bumped until it finds a unique filename.  Assuming you
don't manage to record the same channel at the same minute that
hundredth time, there should never be an overlap.