[mythtv-users] Poor reception lately

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 00:47:14 UTC 2010

On 19 November 2010 22:34, Damian <myth at surr.co.uk> wrote:

> It would probably be good if I could work out which transports were the
> Mendip ones, and only scan for signals from there. Can anyone tell me how to
> do that? Whenever I've tried to look into it it looks bizarrely complicated.
> I'd have thought Myth could just pick up the strongest signal, but I assume
> it's much more complicated than that. What do I know?

Look at the following page for the 6 mux frequencies (transports) the
Mendip transmitter uses for DVB-T:

http://www.ukfree.tv/shutdowndetail.php?tx=ST564488

If you have lots of duplicate channels and more than 6 muxes shown in
mythtv-setup's channel scanner/editor, you can delete all channels and
the non-Mendip muxes (just compare the freqs in the channel scanner
with those on the above page), and then choose the "Scan existing
transports" option in the scanner to restrict the scan to the 6 Mendip
muxes.

If you have the dvb-apps package installed (or whatever it happens to
be called on your distro) you may find it has installed a
dvb-t/uk-Mendip file which should contain details of the 6 muxes for
utilities like dvbscan to use - you can use this as a reference
instead of the above website to determine which muxes you should be
receiving your channels on.

Cheers,
Nick

--