[mythtv-users] Status of HD-PVR dropouts when using SPDIF

Andrew C. Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Thu Nov 18 13:52:58 UTC 2010

On 17/11/2010 3:53 PM, Christopher Meredith wrote:
> A while back there were several discussions about the HD-PVR bailing
> out and restarting during recording, so that recordings had skips and
> gaps. It was determined that it was somehow due to AC3 over SPDIF.
> Since then, I've been using only stereo over RCA to avoid this
> instability.
>
> For example:
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-February/279987.html
>
> Does anyone know what the status of this "bug" is and how the HD-PVR
> handles bad AC3 signals in 0.24?
>
> Thanks!
I'm not sure about the skips and gaps, never had those.  However, I have
been plagued by the 60.00 fps issue whenever I use the spdif/ac3 audio.
I know I can re-flash the firmware under windows and the problem goes
away for a while, but it invariably comes back sooner or later.

I'd like to be using ac3 audio, but its more convenient to live with
simple stereo audio for now. :-(

Andrew.