[mythtv-users] Can't scan fir audio devices in new .24 install

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 23:29:31 UTC 2010

Hi

On 18 November 2010 10:25, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand that I should not have to edit the database manually, and
> once the list was generated, I did not.  I simply chose the correct
> device.  However, until I manually edited the database to remove the
> reference to ALSA:XXXX (whether XXXX was default or spdif), no devices
> would populate the list (akthough I could be misremembering things and
> not actually looked to see if devices were populated once I received
> that pop-up -- I don't think I misremembering though).

the list would have been populated even with that error at the end.

the way it goes is scan for all devices, once done manually scan the
device manually entered if it doesn't exist in the generated list.

> Nevertheless, thank you for all your work on redesigning the audio
> system for myth.  I have a feeling that this will make setup of audio
> a much easier process in the future.  One question though, how does
> the .asoundrc file get affected by these changes and is it no longer
> needed or ignored by myth now?

you may still want to use .asoundrc to configure alias, dmix and the
like, myth will list those once setup.