[mythtv-users] Subtitles, HD and NVPAU possible?

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Wed Nov 17 19:25:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 08:35:34 +0800, mark.kendall at gmail.com said:

> If
> you're still having issues with 0.24 then you have other problems -
> your system really should be more than capable

The problem is only exhibited when subtitles are displayed when running
under VDPAU; subtitles off or profile CPU+ and the problem goes away. This
is Mythbuntu 10.10, pretty much out of the box; the only additional daemon
is ssh, which is hardly resource intensive.

> and I'd be worried that
> buying more hardware may not fix it.
>
> Can you cut a 20-30 second clip of problematic video and upload it
> somewhere?

I don't know how to capture the playback of Myth to a file, but if someone
can tell me then I'll certainly do this.

Keith