[mythtv-users] .24 upgrade issues

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Wed Nov 17 19:22:30 UTC 2010

Hi John,

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 09:37:51AM -0500, John Freeman wrote:

> > Not much to suggest other than make sure you have added your
> > HDHomeRun in mythtv-setup using the auto-discovered device instead
> > of manually entering IP address of HDHomeRun and tuner number. The
> > above does not seem like the same problem I ran into but I thought
> > I'd let you know what caused my problem just in case.
>
> Hmmmm, that's the way I set it up. I have a second Ethernet port in my
> server that is directly connected to the HomeRun and I give it a IP
> via DHCP. The auto-discover does not seem to like this setup and I had
> to enter the IP manually. I'll mess with that and see what I can find.

In that case you should read the recent thread "0.24 recording
troubles".

I don't know if this is the problem you are experiencing but I was *not*
able to get simultaneous recordings to work on a HDHomeRun in 0.24 by
adding the HDHR tuners in mythtv-setup by using the manual method. It
worked just fine in 0.23 and I have yet to hear of someone that was able
to get it to work in 0.24.

As long as the HDHomeRun and your backend are on the same IP subnetwork
and Ethernet segment auto-discovery should work fine. If they are on
different networks/Ethernet segments then I can see things not working.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-