[mythtv-users] Some notes on Google TV

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Nov 17 19:08:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 4:48 AM, Dave Brown <davebrown099 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Search is what Google does best, after all. But, hopefully, with the
>> addition of some indexing and optimisation, Myth's search can be improved
>> (at least a little).
>
> Wish it would come back too, for those of us who only use a remote.  Search
> can be so painfull with the on screen keyboard.

It's long been on my wish list to support controlling MythTV by voice.
 And no, I don't mean standing in front of the TV and saying "Up, up,
enter, right, enter", but rather having a structured language for
control which could be spoken, more like "Watch Recordings.  List The
Daily Show.  Play last Thursday's episode.".

This is the only way I can see really doing complex searching/actions
without requiring a full keyboard.

When I win the lottery and quit my day job, I think I'll begin working on this.

Eric