[mythtv-users] Google TV HDMI Input

Justin Dunn jd2660 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 17 16:12:59 UTC 2010

Hi,I was reading about Google TV and it seems to have an HDMI input which displays in it's interface.Apparently you can have a full web browser open with a little corner display of the HDMI input.It appears that there must be an HDMI capture card in existence that can capture the HDMI output of STBs that Google uses.
So I was wondering what prevents a HDMI capture card that captures the HDMI out of STBs existing for consumers that works with Linux and mythtv from existing? Is it just the HDCP that prevents it?Justin