[mythtv-users] Can't scan fir audio devices in new .24 install

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 04:38:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 November 2010 14:56, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was impatient and upgraded just now.  The newer packages (or some
>> other change on my system) rectified this problem so no need (or
>> ability) to provide a a backtrace.  There is a new issue, but I will
>> start a new thread.
>>
> That part of the code hasn't changed in months, and not between the various
> RC release.
>
> So I don't see how it could have crashed before, but not now :(

The one thing I did change was removing ALSA:default from the database
before scanning (I thought I had selected ALSA:spdif in .23.1 last
week when I downgraded based on your advice, but it appeared to still
be ALSA:default).  If I did not do that (or if ALSA:spdif) was in the
database, I had an error, but no crash like I had last time.  With it
blank, all my audio devices were populated and I could choose the
proper one (ALSA:iec958:CARD=SB,DEV=0).