[mythtv-users] the 200 line kernel patch... (task group per TTY scheduler)

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 00:27:23 UTC 2010

 In case you haven't seen the discussion over at Phoronix (
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_2637_video&num=1)

I haven't tested it yet, but even Linus thinks this is a "killer patch"

So I think this is firmly one of those "real improvement" patches.
Good job. Group scheduling goes from "useful for some specific server
loads" to "that's a killer feature".

The first thing I thought when I read about it was "hmmm.. I wonder what
kind of effect this might have on MythTV/Frontend performance..."

since it's not in mainline kernel yet, it wouldn't be easy to test, but I
may play around with it in the next week or so and report back..