[mythtv-users] how to tell if 5.1 audio channels mapped correctly?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 23:56:49 UTC 2010

Hi

On 15 November 2010 04:00, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Zitat von Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>:
>
>  Hi
>>
>> On 11 November 2010 01:06, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Any ideas what might be the issue here?
>>>

>> If you upgraded to 0.24 ; it would be easier to diagnose the problem...
>>

> I've done that this weekend, and it didn't change anything. The card is
> alsa:iec958, I also tried the autodetected SPDIF configuration that
> specified CARD and DEV. Speaker configuration is 5.1, upmixing for Stereo is
> enabled, DTS and DD passthrough is enabled, no advanced audio configurations
> are set.
>
> Still I don't get any rear channels, but instead I get the front channels
> on both front and rear speakers. What should I try or check next?

Paste a log with -v audio just in case .

But if you have set AC3 passthrough, then the issue is with your amplifier .
Maybe it's something obvious like you've set it to a particular mode.
I know mine has a "Hall" mode where everything always goes on the surround
speaker.

Make sure it's set to auto and not any fancy DSP mode...