[mythtv-users] Does anyone use MythGames? Some questions

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 17:23:47 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I want to implement MythGames into my system.  I have read the wiki
page and have installed some emulators, but wanting to get the lists
opinion.

What is the best available emulator for NES, SNES, Nintendo64, and
MAME?  Bonus points if there are RPMs to install on my fedora based
system, but willing to compile.
Is it possible to not require any keyboard input (i.e., when I chose a
rom to play, it lets me use the joystick to control everything rather
than having to select something with a keyboard to go to joystick
mode?  I don't have a keyboard connected to my mythbox and would like
to avoid doing so.
Is there an easy way to use either my remote or joystick to gracefully
exit the emulator program?

I picked up a logitech F710 wireless gamepad.  I know my mythbox can
recognize because jstest works fine and cat /dev/input/js01 gives me
random characters when I push the buttons.

Thanks