[mythtv-users] Error: Wrong PMT; pmt->pn

Steve Netting steve at moonfoundation.com
Tue Nov 16 11:43:14 UTC 2010

> Hi Steve,
>
> This is not going to help you directly, but i see a similar problem on
> my mythtv 0.24 system. But my trouble is mainly surfacing when
> watching live tv, recording rarely fail due to this.
>
> I use DVB-S with a dual Satix Mystique.
>
> I dont know but could it have something to do with the channels having
> changed multiplex?
>
> DTVSM(/dev/dvb/adapter4/frontend0) Error: Wrong PMT; pmt->pn(417)
> desired(2501)

Thanks for your comments.  I'm thinking perhaps I do need to run a full
scan - however I'm still confused as to why this problem seems to
disappear after a hard reset.

Perhaps the above error is a coincidence and not itself directly related
to the 0 byte recordings.

When the 0 byte recording happens again I'll study the logs more closely.
I've checked recent logs and the PMT is the only obvious error listed on
this occasion.

Steve

Steve