[mythtv-users] Synchronising frontends

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 07:28:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:11 AM, DaveD <mythtv at guiplot.com> wrote:
>> ...(are small tv's/monitors available that will take a 1920x1080 input)
>
> We have a frontend in the kitchen that uses a Princeton 24" 1920x1200
> monitor (bought at Costco a couple of years ago for $200).  It's DVI video
> and analogue audio (we use separate speakers, though).  We recently bought a
> 26" (27"?) Visio TV for the bedroom (also from Costco) for ~$350 that is
> 1920x1080 HDMI.  Again, we use external speakers as the sound really sucks.

I have a 26" vizio in a room as well.  You will be amazed to see how
much better the VGA input is over HDMI on it (well in my case anyhow -
gt220 and vizio VL260M) - your model may not be "afflicted" like this
one..  I never noticed it until I put a frontend on it and got close
to the desktop text..  I cannot tell a difference in sound one I
turned off all of the "extra" knobs on the tv.