[mythtv-users] MythFontManager unable to load fonts

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 06:20:55 UTC 2010

Hi all--

been running .24 release for a couple days now and things are mostly
going well.  one nagging problem I have in mythfrontend...

2010-11-15 22:05:11.510 MythFontManager, Warning: Unable to load
font(s) in file '/usr/local/mythtv/share/mythtv/fonts/FreeSans.ttf'
2010-11-15 22:05:11.513 MythFontManager, Warning: Unable to load
font(s) in file '/usr/local/mythtv/share/mythtv/themes/Arclight/League
Gothic.otf'

with regard to permissions, the files are all readable as are the
directories... I even tried changing them to be owned by mythtv user.
no luck.

anyone have an idea what might cause this?  thx!

frontend:
MythTV Version   : 0.24
MythTV Branch    : exported
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101028-1
QT Version       : 4.6.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_alsa using_backend using_dvb using_frontend
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_mythtranscode using_opengl
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg