[mythtv-users] cutlist editor feedback (was Re: cutlist editing hangs frontend)

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Tue Nov 16 02:55:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Craig Sanders <cas at taz.net.au> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 05:43:08PM -0800, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
>> >
>> > that statement directly contradicts the documentation you pointed me at,
>> > in http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Editing_Recordings, which says that (as
>> > well as the obvious menu-appropriate functions) the MENU key is used for
>>
>> Hmmm, then I guess the wiki is not up-to-date.  Michael rewrote that
>> code recently.  I'd trust him on his description of the new
>> functionality.
>
> well, you could do that, but you'd be wrong.
>
> neither the wiki page nor his statement ("only one situation requires
> using MENU") in the email were correct.
>
>> > some specific detailed comments:
>> >
>> > DELETE:
>>
>> Don't mind if I do.   <<SNIP>>
>>
>> That was one long diatribe, and this is about as far as I got before
>> my eyes glazed over.
>
> TRANSLATION: "Feedback of any kind is not welcome, no matter how it is
> worded. Users can suck it up or STFU."
>

> thank you for helping to prove one of my points by providing yet another
> demonstration that any form of feedback or criticism on the myth lists
> will be attacked, no matter how it is written.
>

> craig
>
> ps: you need to look up the word "diatribe" in a dictionary. whatever it
> is that you *think* it means is wrong.
>

> pps: apart from a bit of brown-nosing sycophantry, what was the actual
> purpose of your reply? it didn't actually add anything, it didn't even
> really say anything.
>
> sadly, i suspect it is necessary to point out to you that that was what
> is called a rhetorical question. that means there is no need for a
> reply.

Craig,

Perhaps you should check which members of this list are MythTV devs
before accusing them of sycophantry?

You're right about the word "diatribe", though - your post was
comprehensive and largely constructive - I hope that MTD reads this
one, because I think some of the comments about modal interfaces are
useful.

- Chris

[User, not Dev ;o]