[mythtv-users] Synchronising frontends

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Mon Nov 15 20:39:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 04:05, Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>wrote:

> Synchronising audio between mutliple playback is notoriously difficult.

Extremely so, and video too.  It might be possible to use RTSP for this, but
RTSP or its equivalent and MythTV have never met, to my knowledge, and
they'd have to become fast friends (perhaps even lovers, lol) for anything
like this to work.  There are gstreamer libraries for RTSP, but gstreamer
coding is also not for the timid.

I've dreamed of this myself in anticipation of my Super Bowl party in
February (with monitors and TVs of different resolution and form factor all
over the house, each with a frontend, all synchronized and controlled by me
via android phone on the patio), but quickly determined that I would have to
spend way more time engineering it than it's worth.

$0.02,
EW