[mythtv-users] NFL Scheduling

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Nov 15 16:14:17 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 06:09:49PM -0700, E. Westbrook wrote:
> However -- and finally, the question -- regarding the NBC evening game on 21
> November, I see in "Upcoming Recordings" (in both mythfrontend and mythweb)
> that it's scheduled to record on the Comcast channel instead of the ATSC
> channel's simultaneous broadcast, which shows as "Earlier recording".
>
> What's going on?  What should I do differently to get the HD version when
> both feeds have it?

The NFL game is being moved to make room for 60 Minutes.  This
particular case will probably resolve itself when 60 Minutes gets a
non-generic programid in a mythfilldatabase update later.  It would
also resolve itself immediately if you used common callsigns for
channels on both sources as is recommended.  The way you have it now,
MythTV will try to record any generic programs from both sources.

> For thoroughness, I did just run a "mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all" against
> my Schedules Direct listings, and then "mythbackend --testsched -v
> schedule", the output of which is here:
> http://westbrook.com/mythsched20101114a.txt

Thanks you.  That is always helpful in cases like this.

> Also, is the format of the mythbackend schedule output (aside from the
> indicator characters) documented anywhere?  It's escaping me if so.

It's currently only in the source code.  Perhaps someone would like to
add a page to the wiki.

David
--
David Engel