[mythtv-users] how many people have upgraded to 0.24?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Mon Nov 15 12:41:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Glenn Sommer <glemsom at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/11/15 Paul Wilson <mylists at wilsononline.id.au>:
>> I know my MythTV box is a critical piece of infrastructure  so I have to be
>> a bit cautious about any changes, so I'm thinking a week is a reasonable
>> time to wait for the dust to settle.
>> I haven't see too many critical problems posted on the list, (right?) so I
>> think I will upgrade this weekend.
>>
>> Any other people upgraded? I know most people who post are having small
>> issues, but it would be good to hear positive feedback along with what type
>> of system and country.
>> eg DVB-T, AU etc..
>>
>> BTW thanks Devs..
>>
>> Paul
>
> Well, I took the time this weekend to get my ebuilds adjusted for 0.24.
> From the UI point, there's not much difference.
> When watching a recording (or LiveTV) the menu navigation (And program
> navigation in LiveTV) is quite sluggish.
> And the frontend seems less robust if there's a poor signal (tends to
> crash with segmentation fault)
>
> If you can live without the improved DVD playback, then I would wait a
> few weeks till the bugs are sorted out.

I've been running Trunk for months, and I have no idea what you're
tallking about. If your Menu and OSD rendering is slow, you have a
configuration issue, there's nothing inherently wrong with it (and I'm
running Ion's for my frontends, so I'm pretty sure I'd notice...)

Maybe you should break your query out into its own thread so it gets
some attention?

- Chris