[mythtv-users] how many people have upgraded to 0.24?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 06:40:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 03:57:32 pm Paul Wilson wrote:
> Any other people upgraded? I know most people who post are having small
> issues, but it would be good to hear positive feedback along with what
> type of system and country. eg DVB-T, AU etc..

mythbuntu
DVB-T
Australia (Brisbane)
Shepherd EPG

Pretty good so far. Repo issues required that I uninstall 0.23.1 before I
could "upgrade" to 0.24, but that was pretty painless

Jamu & Mirobridge plugins are currently broken in Mythbuntu Control Centre,
but jamu itself seems to work fine.

I'm using a manual install of the nvidia so can't speak to the repo ones.

Interface looks spiffier

Playback is excellent. DVD Play back is much better
- For some reason my default DVD player was switched to mplayer. I had to
revert it to "Internal"
- One recording playing back fails half way through with a frame error. That
might just be better error reporting on a dodgy recording my signal can be
marginal)
- Haven't tested ripped DVD playback via storage groups yet

I've had a couple of lockups, but that might well be the bluetooth wii
controller interface I started playing with at the same time.
--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home