[mythtv-users] Fedora 12 to Fedora 14: lirc / mce remote issue

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 20:54:17 UTC 2010

I did a fresh install of Fedora 14 on one of my front end boxes and
it went pretty smoothly.

There is one annoyance with the remote that I didn't have on Fedora 12.
When I press a key on the remote I have to hold it down (for about a
second) to get it to register where before a quick press would work fine.
Anyone know how what would be causing this or how to fix this?

Here are the details of what I did:

lirc from fedora repos only:

[root at mythfrontend2 ~]# rpm -qa | grep lirc
lirc-0.8.7-1.fc14.i686
lirc-libs-0.8.7-1.fc14.i686

[root at mythfrontend2 ~]# uname -a
Linux mythfrontend2 2.6.35.6-48.fc14.i686.PAE #1 SMP Fri Oct 22
15:27:53 UTC 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

The remote is:
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 147a:e03e Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc.

It is recognized directly now which is great.  So I added a line to
/etc/sysconfig/lirc:
LIRCD_OPTIONS="-H dev/input -d name=\"*eHome Infrared Remote*\""

I grabbed the devinput lircd.conf from
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/devinput/lircd.conf.devinput
I started lirc and irw worked on some of the keys but not others
(like the number keys).

I ran evtest and found all the keys supported by the remote and
augmented the lircd.conf with the missing ones.

So it is working nicely except for the slow response on the initial
press.  Anyone know how to debug or configure this?  Below is the
top of my lircd.conf.  Is there something I should change here?

begin remote
  name devinput
  bits           16
  eps            30