[mythtv-users] Arclight theme not using downloaded fanart

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 18:06:31 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Brian J. Murrell
<brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 11:12 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>
>> My fanart is all stored in my storage group on the backend,
>
> Which is where mine is.
>
>> and I do
>> not need to change anything on the FEs for it to work..
>
> Sweet.  That's what I'm aiming for.
>
>> There has to
>> be something on that FE that is causing it to look locally.
>
> Indeed.  But what?  :-)
>
>> My
>> mythvideo fanart on this FE is set to:  ~/MythVideo/fanart which I
>> assume is the default.
>
> What do you mean it's "set to"?  Are you looking at some configuration
> item?  I looked for a setting for where to find the fanart but I could
> not find one.  I also didn't navigate through all of the dozens of
> configuration screens so I could have missed it.

Under settings->setup->media settings->videos settings->general

>> If you completely remove (or
>> temporarily move) that directory, I would expect it to search the
>> backend since the directory does not exist on the FE...
>
> Nope.  With it removed the front-end is still doing:

Hmmmm..  Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.  I remember
having a couple of similar issues going from .22 to .23 (or .21 to .22
- I cannot remember exactly) where it was looking at the local FEs
settings prior.  Once I made all of those settings look for places
that were non-existent, all of the storage groups settings took over
and everything just worked.  You're real close probably, but
unfortunately I do not remember the specifics.