[mythtv-users] Arclight theme not using downloaded fanart

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Nov 14 17:38:00 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 11:12 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:

> My fanart is all stored in my storage group on the backend,

Which is where mine is.

> and I do
> not need to change anything on the FEs for it to work..

Sweet.  That's what I'm aiming for.

> There has to
> be something on that FE that is causing it to look locally.

Indeed.  But what?  :-)

> My
> mythvideo fanart on this FE is set to:  ~/MythVideo/fanart which I
> assume is the default.

What do you mean it's "set to"?  Are you looking at some configuration
item?  I looked for a setting for where to find the fanart but I could
not find one.  I also didn't navigate through all of the dozens of
configuration screens so I could have missed it.

> If you completely remove (or
> temporarily move) that directory, I would expect it to search the
> backend since the directory does not exist on the FE...

Nope.  With it removed the front-end is still doing:

16291 open("/home/brian/.mythtv/MythVideo/Fanart", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE|O_DIRECTORY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

and fanart no longer shows.

b.