[mythtv-users] Store Recording Previews in a seperate location

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 14 13:31:28 UTC 2010

  On 11/14/2010 06:09 AM, Justin Dunn wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like have the recording previews stored in a separate directory.
> I searched and found the thread at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/378114#378114 which
> lists information about a patch to do that because created.
> Does anyone know what happened to that patch or of another way to
> store Previews in a separate directory?

There's no patch.  Each time I started on it, someone talked me out of
writing it because there's really not any big benefit to it (especially
when compared to the amount of work/code required).

On the bright side, however, having not written it, yet, means that it
can be done properly once we make some planned changes to the way we're
handling files in general.  I don't know when those changes will be
done, let alone the code to move your previews, but for now, there's no
way to do it other than manually moving the preview images and creating
links in their place (which isn't maintainable--especially when you
factor in the non-default-sized/-offset images).  And, besides, with
links, you lose the one little benefit of moving them (cleaning up your
recordings directories).

Mike