[mythtv-users] AC3 stero always decoded by myth in 0.24?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Nov 14 13:24:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 00:15 +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi

Hi,

> If you have selected upmix to 5.1 ; then yes..

I don't have upmix selected.

> decoded (or upmixed) multi-channels audio isn't re-encoded back to AC3 if
> your system supports multi-channels PCM

I don't have multichannel LPCM selected either but I do have Dolby
Digital and DTS selected.

> If you want stereo AC3 to be sent as-is, turn off upmixing.

As I said, it is.

I probably should have been more clear in my original posting that the
material that I am playing that is "losing" it's AC3 on playback is 2ch
AC3 as recorded from digital cable.

b.