[mythtv-users] error while loading shared libraries: libmythtv-0.23.so.0

Matthew Rowles rowlesmr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 11:48:57 UTC 2010

I just ran the Mythbuntu auto-builds to update to 0.24 (from 0.23)

When running mythfrontend, I now get the error:

/usr/bin/mythfrontend.real: error while loading shared libraries:
libmythtv-0.23.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

The backend seems to start ok; I type (and get back)
$ sudo service mythtv-backend start
mythtv-backend start/running, process 2202

What does this mean, and how can I fix it?

Cheers Matthew