[mythtv-users] cutlist editing hangs frontend

Johan johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Sun Nov 14 10:24:05 UTC 2010

Op 14-11-10 00:49, Michael T. Dean schreef:
>  On 11/13/2010 06:34 PM, Craig Sanders wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 07:35:02AM -0800, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
>>> I'm seeing something like this on some CBS 1080i recordings.  It only
>>> happens on some seeks, but it is repeatable and hangs the frontend.
>> it happens for me on every recording. my guess is that the editor can't
>> handle raw DVB program streams.
>>
>>> It looks like doing a lossless transcoding before editing may make the
>>> problem go away.
>> thanks for that, a nice workaround for the problem.
>
> Does rebuilding the seektable work?

I did a lossless transcode, which solved the problem partially. I can
now move left and right, set cutpoints etc, however I did hit another
point (now 15 min from the end of the recording) where it hangs again.

So I did a seektable rebuild on the transcoded recording, but it still
hangs at the same point.

This is a DVB-S recording.

If there are any logs I need to provide, please let me know. (specially
which options to set)

I will try one more thing, and that is using XV (not VDPAU) during the
editing

thanks, Johan