[mythtv-users] commercial detection speedup option .24

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 04:30:40 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any body using the speedup options with .24 ?
> Seeing some jobs with many comments about 130+ commercial breaks
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Release:        10.04
> Codename:       lucid

Ubuntu in particular has done SOMETHING with the system libraries that
has broken the system exit values when a child process is killed.
What you are seeing is ones that have actually been killed with a
signal (likely SIGSEGV).

This is unrelated to the speedup options, likely.  There is a way
around this, but it has not been committed as it is seemingly
ubuntu-only, and I haven't had time to do it in a way that will only
be used if needed.