[mythtv-users] No connection to backend after 0.24 auto-builds - Mythbuntu 10.10

Tim Raphael raphael.timothy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 02:43:09 UTC 2010

Hi Guys,

I have just done a clean build of Mythbuntu 10.10 onto my Acer Revo 3610 frontend.
As this ships with 0.23-fixes, I enabled auto-builds to get the update to 0.24.
I selected PPA as the repo and installed all the updates the update manager suggested.

I have installed mythbuntu as a combines front-end back-end with no tuner cards. It is primarily for MythVideo at this point in time.

Before the update, the frontend was able to connect to the backend fine and media was playable from  SGs.
Now when I start the frontend, I get a message telling me the backend is unavailable and to check the IP / Hostname.
Going into frontend and backend setup, the IPs / hostnames are correct and database names and passwords are also correct. I have re-started the backed and that didn't help at all.

See the  attached output from verbose logging on the front-end starting up and the backend service being restarted.

I am also aware that the backed needs to have a dummy tuner card to work? How do I go about doing that?

Your help as usual, is greatly appreciated.

Needed Numbers:
MythTV Version: release-0.24-fixes [27204]
Mythbuntu 10.10 install ISO from website.

Tim Raphael
raphael.timothy at gmail.com