[mythtv-users] FYI: compiling current scte65scan (svn r29) with current libhdhomerun (20100828)

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Sun Nov 14 00:25:20 UTC 2010

I've seen occasional questions here about getting scte65scan to
compile with recent libhdhomerun releases so I thought I would post
what worked for me.
This is for an Ubuntu 10.4 system with the most recent version (29)
of scte65scan in svn (this is more recent then the 0.2.1 release)
while using the current (20100828)
release of libhdhomerun.   The Makefile.hdhr file for scte65scan
required only a couple of changes to get every thing to compile.
Here is the output of a simple diff between the two makefiles:

$ diff Makefile.hdhr.OLD Makefile.hdhr
2a3,5
> LIBOBJS += $(HDHR_DIR)/hdhomerun_os_posix.o
> LIBOBJS += $(HDHR_DIR)/hdhomerun_sock_posix.o

10a14
> LIBOBJS += $(HDHR_DIR)/hdhomerun_device_selector.o
15c19
< LDFLAGS += -lpthread
---
> LDFLAGS += -lpthread -lrt