[mythtv-users] Can't scan fir audio devices in new .24 install

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 13:44:33 UTC 2010

On Saturday 13 November 2010 5:19:33 am Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 13 November 2010 01:02, Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I am also having problems with getting audio to work with MythTV .24 in
> > Arch Linux.  When I press the button to Scan for audio devices nothing
> > gets updated, can't even tell if it is doing anything.  When I try to
> > manually specify my audio devcie wether it be ALSA:default (worked in
> > .23-fixes), ALSA:spdif, etc I don't get any audio output.  I don't see
> > the crash when scanning for devices though.
>
> Run mythfrontend with -v audio ; got into the audio settings, press
> Scan and report the logs.
>
> Scan is pretty fast ; it populates the box underneath and you go
> through it with the arrow key.

Ok so the Scan does work its just not making any changes to the menu
automatically.  After hitting the scan button then scrolling through the
"Audio Output Device" I see a "ALSA:surround71:CARD=SB,DEV=0" option
selecting that and playing a test video and audio works.  Incase MythTV
selecting the device that it found during the scan should be the default
action I am still sending in my logs, otherwise please ignore and thanks for
the help.

Frontend output: http://pastebin.com/5pyeC9ah
Backend output: http://pastebin.com/xPEnWbVb
--
"More software projects have gone awry for lack of calendar time than for all
 other causes combined."