[mythtv-users] judder-free - 0.24 - bad audio sync - Back to it

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Sat Nov 13 07:43:47 UTC 2010

Hello all,

A few week ago I had posted about the judder-free setting inducing bad
audio sync.

The response I got was that 0.24 would certainly fix it as it included
the latest ffmpeg stuff that could possibly fix fps detection.

I let the issue lie, returning to fixed freq, until I upgraded. I have
now upgraded.

And the issue is still there!

The video file, ffmpeg, mythtv and X all appear to agree, but audio sync
is still shifting relatively quickly, MythTV tries to correct it, but it
is still quite hard to watch, my brain really has trouble with bad sync.

I have posted all sorts of info and logs there:

http://youplala.net/~will/htpc/judder_free_info.txt

This is not a make or break thing, I can return to fixed freq. But I'm
the only one complaining, so it leads me to believe that it is working
for everybody else, so I must be doing something wrong...

Nico