[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24 Live TV Returns to last channel/tuner watched - Not good for me!

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 19:06:14 UTC 2010

On 12/11/10 18:56, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Dave Pearson<lists at the-pearsons.co.uk>  wrote:
>> Although it is entirely logical for Live TV to start playing on the same
>> channel and tuner as was last watched, for me this is not so good as it
>> means my Sky + box is often tuned to a different channel when my son is
>> watching it in another room.
>>
>> Is there a way I can return MythTV 0.24 to the old behaviour of always
>> starting on the last Tuner?
> No.  Myth expects to have exclusive access to all equipment.
Hmmm, I can understand it wanting exclusive access to internal adapters,
but exclusive access to external Set Top Boxes is not always desirable -
especially where the Set Top Box is shared with other people.

I definitely preferred the old behaviour in this instance - everything
else I've looked at in 0.24 is really good, so please don't take this as
a complaint. Who would I need to send a request to to make this a user
selectable option?

Regards,
Dave.