[mythtv-users] .23-fixes video storage groups question

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Nov 12 02:50:52 UTC 2010

On 11/11/2010 21:44, Phil Bridges wrote:
> It recognized the update to the host field, because it played the
> files originally.  Then, it recognized that the files were on my slave
> - but it deleted the entries from the table - obviously, the files are
> still there.

Local files are stored with the absolute path and no hostname.  Even if
you set the hostname, it will still access the file locally since it has
a full path.  When you scanned, the file should have been marked as
missing, but then rediscovered as existing in the Videos storage group
on the slave backend.  If it did not find the file, it is because you
have not set up that storage group on your slave backend, so MythVideo
did not know to scan there.

> How do I need to get my slave backend's videos to show up again?

Once files are found missing from a scan, they and all their attached
metadata is removed from the database.  If you add the proper folder to
the Videos storage group on your slave backend and rescan, they should
show up, but you will still have to pull new metadata for them.