[mythtv-users] 0.24-fixes JYA Repo for Lucid?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Thu Nov 11 23:51:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 11 November 2010 22:47, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
>> Hi JYA,
>>
>> Are you intending to begin building 0.24-fixes packages for your
>> Stable or Testing repositories for Lucid in the near future?
>>
>> I'm running a Trunk build from before the 0.24-fixes branch was
>> created (at least, I think so - 26934) - am I right in thinking that
>> the process should be painless if I just remove Trunk from my sources
>> list and wait for an update to come along?
>
> I'm on it, hoping to have the packages for 9.10, 10.04 and 10.10 ready
> today (struggling with mplayer on 10.10 right now).
>
> trunk won't upgrade to 0.24 due to the name scheme used.
>
> But trunk is currently compatible with 0.24 ; so you can just
> uninstall the trunk packages and install the 0.24 ones right after

Thanks - much as I like being on the bleeding edge, pre-0.24 Trunk was
pretty rough for a while following the MythUI OSD merge, and it
impacted on the Approval Factor pretty badly. It's time to ride a
stable branch until I hear about a shiny new feature in pre-0.25 that
I have to have.

I've removed Trunk from my sources pre-emptively to prevent me
upgrading past a schema change if I forget about doing this for a few
weeks.

- Chris