[mythtv-users] Deleted recording - no disk space returned

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Thu Nov 11 22:05:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:51, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py is the supported script.

Thanks for the pointer.  I also see that the wiki page that I linked above
has been updated too.  Delightful!

> It's purely informational (and, therefore, can not corrupt your database or
> delete all your recordings if you don't use it properly--things that
> happened with the old scripts) and requires that you do (and, therefore,
> agree to) the final cleanup.  So, for example, you would delete recordings
> with missing files using mythfrontend's Watch/Delete Recordings screen; or
> you would rm or mv video (or other) files with no recording metadata
> (usually move the video files into MythVideo, and potentially use Previously
> Recorded to allow the episode to re-record).

Great to know!  And for what it's worth, I too think that's the right
approach for this tool.  I just ran it, and I do indeed have some cleaning
to do.  I definitely appreciate that I have to (get to, actually) do it
myself rather than potentially being surprised by a result I didn't expect
or want.

$0.02,
EW