[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR: no /dev/video0 device node

Omari Norman omari at smileystation.com
Thu Nov 11 04:00:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 08:44:40PM -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Probably one of the hdpvr w/a relatively new device ID, newer than the
> hdpvr driver in your kernel. I'd hit up
> http://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/new_build.git which you can use to
> build and install the latest hdpvr (and all v4l-dvb) bits for kernels
> at least as far back as 2.6.32.

I couldn't get the git repository to clone. What I ended up doing though
was getting the v4l source from mercurial with

hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

and I edited v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/video/hdpvr/hdpvr.h and changed
the line

#define HD_PVR_PRODUCT_ID2      0x4902

#define HD_PVR_PRODUCT_ID2      0x4903

This matches the idProduct I'm getting in lsusb -v. Then make and make
install worked fine and now the hdpvr works.

Thanks!

Omari