[mythtv-users] Mythnetvision - iPlayer on 64 bit Mythbuntu unable to play..... a fresh 0.24 install

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Thu Nov 11 03:25:32 UTC 2010

On 11/10/2010 4:53 PM, Stephen Tan wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I've just upgraded to a lovely new shiny 0.24 and am rather pleased -
> I can now watch H264 videos and no longer have to use mplayer!
>
> However,  the prospect of being able to use iPlayer via Mythnetvision
> is rather spoiled by the fact that I can't play the programmes.
>
> I have a feeling that this is linked to the fact that I am running 64
> bit Mythbuntu and Mythbrowser doesn't like my Flash.
>
> I've managed to get Firefox to play iPlayer by downloading the 64 bit
> Flash client and replacing it with the stock Flash iin
> /var/lib/flashplugin-installer/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so.
>
> However, this has no effect on Mythbrowser itself. I've restarted
> Mythfrontend and no joy... it's so close and yet so far!
>
> Anyone out there able to tell me where Mythbrowser picks up Flash? I
> can then hopefully hack it to work!

MythBrowser using QtWebKit. QtWebKit looks in many different locations
for Netscape plugins. A list of the locations can be found at
<http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.5/qtwebkit.html#netscape-plugin-support>.

Also, you might consider trying the 64-bit preview of Flash Player
"Square" at <http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html>.