[mythtv-users] Mythnetvision 0.24 grabber under 0.23.1?

Neil Cooper neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 10 16:53:21 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I would LOVE to get the BBC Iplayer grabber for MythNetVision working on my mythbox, currently running Mythtv Version 0.23.1.

I already know the MythNetvision Wiki page lists the BBC iplayer grabber as having a minumum mythtv version of 0.24. however I'd prefer not having to upgrade to a subversion build as I'd prefer my mythbox to be running something stable.

I've already copied the bbciplayer grabber python scripts and
icon over into the same places as my existing grabber scripts/icons, but Iplayer doesn't show up under "Manage RSS Subscriptions" menu option yet.

Am I right in guessing that there's also a config file somewhere that I need to add an entry for BBC Iplayer to to, in order to get it listed in the GUI? If so, where?

Even if I get the iplayer grabber show up, will it then work or does the grabber have dependencies on other stuff newer than 0.23.1?

Thanks guys,
Neil.