[mythtv-users] How to mass-clear list of recordings?

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Tue Nov 9 22:33:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Jason Chambers
<lists at purplish-monkey.com> wrote:
> On 09/11/2010 18:59, Manuel McLure wrote:
> Is this the /only/ disk containing recordings in your system?

Yup. My system is simple, a combined FE/BE with a single 2TB drive
with a large /var/mythtv XFS partition for recordings and videos..

> If so, why not use the Watch Recordings screen?  You could just add
> everything to a playlist (which can be done in one step by selecting the
> "All Programmes" heading), and then select "Delete and allow re-record"
> from the playlist options.
>
> It won't help if you do manage to rescue some files as you will have to
> deselect these from the playlist which would be tedious (unless its just
> a handful of files).  But if you do have to delete everything on disk,
> then its safer than having to write SQL statements yourself and risk
> potential mistakes.

That sounds like exactly what I need to do. I was unaware of that
functionality. Thanks!

Hopefully I'll be able to recover most of the recordings, but I wanted
to ensure that in the worst case I can clean up the database.
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,