[mythtv-users] Is the Acer Revo still the best frontend?

Justin Kim justinlkim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 16:31:44 UTC 2010

At 11:01 AM -0500 11/9/10, Matt Emmott wrote:
  We're veering off-topic but I have to ask: Did you run H.264 on your
mini? I have a 1.83GHZ Core Duo iMac that won't run H.264 (unless I
run the crystalHD) under Linux, and I really haven't played with it
as an FE under OS X. If it'll run H.264 under OS X I may give it a
closer look.

Under OS X, it was playing back 720p h.264 encoded off of an HDPVR
with no problems.  It did have performance issues playing back 1080i
streams.

I replaced it because I use the machine for other things besides Myth
and wanted more horsepower.  Also, the old Minis are a real chore to
upgrade and I was feeling constrained by its 1GB of memory and 80GB
HD.

Justin