[mythtv-users] timezone problems connecting to remote backend

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Mon Nov 8 04:50:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
> On 11/07/2010 04:02 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>> By the time it reaches my birthday in late June, the day will have
>>> >

>> Not having children going to school in the dark was another reasoning.
>
> Do you guys realize that you are arguing against daylight savings time?
> Daylight savings time is applied in the summer time, making you get up earlier in the summer. Winter time is normal time.

Yes, and in the previous paragraph I explained why having "normal"
time applied throughout an Australian summer would suck.

Thus, "normal" time is best in the winter, +1 hour is better in the
summer, and...whoah, a compromise! DST!

Frankly, if I had to have it only one way or the other, Sydney would
suit GMT +11 better. So much for "normal" time.

> I am in favor of ending daylight savings time permanently. It shifts my schedule opposite of what my biological clock wants. I
> want to go to bed later in summer because that is when it cools down and I can sleep.

True that, but you tell that to the Kookaburras who want to wake me up
when the sun rises. If they'd done that at 5AM, I'd have been mightily
peeved.

> But this is way off topic.

Ah, good, I'd hate to be on topic too much....

> Did anyones recordings get screwed up by the end of daylight savings time?

Once. Then I reset my XMLTV offsets to Automatic and it came good.