[mythtv-users] Upgrading Fedora 12 AND Mythtv 0.22 on the same combined FE/BE

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 12:30:32 UTC 2010

Hi List,

I wonder if anybody has done this... ?

I find that I am behind on two counts and would like to upgrade to mythtv 0.24
and I think that I am right that I also need to go to fedora 14 at the same
time as mythtv is not supported on anything else.

Would the correct sequence be to upgrade to 0.23 first under fedora 12 (which I
am currently running), then to upgrade to Fedora 14 and then upgrade the
mythtv software. Does the new 0.24 appear under yum after I have changed repos
??

What I want to do is to be able to keep the data that is currently in the
mysql database. I am keeping daily exports of the database, so should be ok in
that respect. I am using mythconverg_backup.pl from cron to export this, this
should be enough I hope ?

Unfortunately I don't have any spare hardware to make a new backend.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this please?

Regards

Stephen Kitchener

www.imagebysteve.co.uk

Do not meddle with the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with
mustard

The Difference Between Genius And Stupidity Is That Genius Has It's Limits ~
Albert Einstein