[mythtv-users] Signal meter with DVB-S2

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Sun Nov 7 00:15:29 UTC 2010

On 7 Nov 2010, at 00:05, Josu Lazkano wrote:

> Hello, I just installed a dish to watch channels with a DVB-S2 tunner.
> I can able to scan any channel, I am looking to Astra19.2E.
>
> Is there any GNU/linux tool to have signal power on command line? I
> don't know how to test the position of the dish.

There is femon I think it's in the dvb-apps package on Ubuntu, the readings you get from most cards don't have much consistency but should be enough to see relative signal strength and some cards have BER bit error rate which is useful.

femon doesn't support DVBS2 directly but if you have tuned with mythtv or szap or something else femon will report some useable info.

Andre