[mythtv-users] How to patch LIRC for HD-PVR150

Jeff Cranmer jeff at lotussevencars.com
Sat Nov 6 00:28:45 UTC 2010

> > I'm not having much luck with the channel changer script though.
> >
> > I went into mythtv-setup and under input connections, I changed the
> > channel change command line to /home/mythtv/dish-change-channel-lirc.sh
> > which I copied over from the mythtv-0_22-docs/contrib directory
> >
> > I changed the device name to DEVICE="-d /dev/lirc0", and changed the
> > remote name to REMOTE_NAME=mceusb (since this is the name of the remote
> > which shows up when I press the handheld remote with irw running.
> >
> > I left the starting channel number blank, but when I try to watch TV, it
> > fails to start.  If I change the channel change command line back
> > to /bin/true, watch TV works fine.
> >
> > Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
>
> I cannot remember if you said you have confirmed that blasting is
> working with your transceiver or not.  Can you use irsend from the
> command line to send commands to your receiver - or even verify the
> leds are lighting up (if not visibly, then with a digital camera
> viewfinder or cell phone camera.)?

I think that I need to step back a little further than that with the
questions.  When I look in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf, there are three remotes
listed.

The first is mceusb, then I have mceusb_hauppauge, then vista_mce.

Two questions.
(1)  I think that mceusb is the receiver, from previous irw tests.  Is
this also the sender, or is that vista_mce?  I'm fairly sure that the
mceusb_hauppauge one is the sender that is built into the HDPVR, which
I'm not using.
(2)  How do I set up the sender commands so that they are correct for
the dish network STB?  If I haven't set this up, I'd just be sending
garbage to the STB, correct?

Thanks