[mythtv-users] Using HDMI Disables All Audio?

David Lasker dave at altosdesign.com
Fri Nov 5 20:21:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010, 11:57 AM, nospam312 <nospam312 [at] gmail> wrote:
>> However, if you upgrade to a more recent ALSA, you should be able to get
audio over HDMI working on more >> recent video cards GT210/220 and higher.

> I am using one of these cards 210. Perhaps that is the problem.
>
> My ALSA is ALSA 1.0.21 what version do I need?

Here is a link to a recipe to make HDMI audio work with your GT210:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_set_up_HDMI_audio_on_nVidia_GeForce_G210,
_GT220,_or_GT240

It says you need to upgrade ALSA to 1.0.23, as well as changing options for

> Is anyone running Mythbuntu 10.10 and tell me what version is
> installed by default?

This link:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=alsa
says 10.10 (Maverick) includes 1.0.23.