[mythtv-users] lirc file for Onkyo RC-746M remote controller?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 13:04:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jarod,
>>
>> Since it appears you're now the maintainer, what would it take to get
>> my config added to the list?
>
> Just like it says at the top of your config. :)
>
> (lirc at bartelmus.de goes to both me and Christoph right now)
>
> Is the remote really actually different than the ones already
> available? Either way, yeah, it can be added.

Not sure if it's different. I wonder if running a diff against them
would be effective? There may be some different buttons available on
certain remotes but I'm guessing the standard Onkyo DVD codes haven't
changed.

If it can be determined that they are in fact identical then it may be
more appropriate to have a generic Onkyo_DVD config instead of listing
each remote separately.

Richard