[mythtv-users] How to patch LIRC for HD-PVR150

Jeff Cranmer jeff at lotussevencars.com
Wed Nov 3 01:05:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 19:30 -0500, Greg Oliver wrote:
> > [ 4486.323727] lirc_mceusb[2] mceusb_process_ir_data: found control
> > header
>
> OK, so it's the module.  You should be able to create /etc/modprobe.d/lirc.conf
> options lirc_dev debug=0
> options lirc_mceusb debug=0
>
> run:
> depmod -ae
> service lirc stop (or whatever your distro has)
> rmmod lirc_mceusb
> rmmod lirc_dev
> lsmod | grep lirc (make sure they are unloaded
> service lirc start
>
> The debugs should be gone..

Thanks.  I had to reboot afterwards to recover correct operation from
irw, but now the debug messages are gone.

I'm not having much luck with the channel changer script though.

I went into mythtv-setup and under input connections, I changed the
channel change command line to /home/mythtv/dish-change-channel-lirc.sh
which I copied over from the mythtv-0_22-docs/contrib directory

I changed the device name to DEVICE="-d /dev/lirc0", and changed the
remote name to REMOTE_NAME=mceusb (since this is the name of the remote
which shows up when I press the handheld remote with irw running.

I left the starting channel number blank, but when I try to watch TV, it
fails to start.  If I change the channel change command line back
to /bin/true, watch TV works fine.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Jeff