[mythtv-users] How to patch LIRC for HD-PVR150

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Nov 2 14:07:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Jeff Cranmer <jeff at lotussevencars.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 23:08 -0400, Jeff Cranmer wrote:
>> >
>> > You've got infrared light coming from somewhere in the room.
>> >
>> I rebooted the system and now the receiver flashes just once every 10-20
>> seconds, so it seems that problem is solved.
>>
>> Still no response to irw though.  Even though the LED lights in response
>> to every remote keypress, and I get debug data on dmesg.

>> > You have lirc_mceusb's debug param set. Unset it. But your real problem is all the stray infrared that its picking up.
>> >
>> Where do I unset this?  The lirc 'debug' use flag wasn't set when I
>> compiled lirc, so I assume you don't mean this.

Module option, like Greg said. Either in /etc/modprobe.conf or
/etc/modprobe.d/<something>.conf, typically.

>> irsend LIST "" "" gives the response
>> irsend: mceusb
>> irsend: mceusb_hauppauge
>> irsend: vista_mce
>
> Another question - the /etc/conf.d/lircd.conf file has just two
> uncommented lines.
>
> LIRCD_OPTS="-d /dev/lirc0"
> LIRCD_OPTS="-d /dev/lirc"
>
> There is a /dev/lirc0 device, but the only other device in my system
> is /dev/lircd
>
> Is this file correctly configured?

No. You want only one LIRCD_OPTS line there. The first one should be
correct, since you see /dev/lirc0. Could be that device is getting
overridden to /dev/lirc, and since it doesn't exist, lircd is just
sitting there waiting for the device to show up. With luck, once you
fix that, irw should start showing you some feedback.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com