[mythtv-users] Cheap Remote and blaster

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 00:34:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 7:21 PM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>>> 000000037ff07bb6 01 Pictures mceusb
>>>
>> It is saying that your .lircrc has a "mceusb" entry in it and the
>> keypress matched the "Pictures" entry from your lircd.conf file.  Now,
>> you can go to your .lircrc file, find the entry for Pictures (if it
>> exists) and make that button do whatever you like in mythtv.
>
> I must not be understanding this.
> In the conf file, there is a default Pictures code;
>
> Pictures 0x00007bb6
>
> When I press the Pictures button on my MCE remote, I can see that it generates;
>
> 000000037ff07bb6 01 Pictures mceusb
>
> which is not the same as what is in the file.
> So I changed the entry in the file to what the remote output, then restarted the lircd service. At that point, nothing worked anymore so I put it back, restarted and it worked again. I'm missing something.

The only important thing is that it is recognized (noted by printing
"Pictures" next to it) by lirc.  No changes needed.

>>You should never need to add to your lircd.conf - UNLESS with
>>irw you do not get a mapping.  In your example:
>
> So, do you mean that what is in there should work by default?

Yep.  Unless you have a special remote, I believe all the mce
transceiver buttons are all mapped.  You should not need to change the
lircd.conf file at all..  Just the .lircrc to suit your tastes (and I
even find that the defaults are mostly suitable).